Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Midnight in Paris

I recently just watched Midnight in Paris, at the urging of my friends and family. I really enjoyed the movie overall, not because of the main lead played by Owen Wilson, but because of the other characters, Ernest Hemingway, Zelda Fitzgerald, Gertrude Stein etc. Woody Allen tried to recreate all the glamorous parts of Paris in the 1920's and he succeeded, perhaps a little too much. The message of the entire movie ended up being something along the lines of "We belong in our own time" or something but by the end of it Allen had just convinced me that the place to be is Paris in the 1920's.  Watching a drunk and belligerent Ernest Hemingway talk about real experiences and war was the best part for me. I have been reading Hemingway for years and I've realized the one thing that I enjoy more than his writing is the character of Hemingway himself.


No comments:

Post a Comment