Sunday, March 4, 2012

Wild Bunch Redux

As I try to find inspiration for writing, I begin sifting through all the papers I've written over the last 3 years. Name the subject, and I've probably got a paper for it: Ethics, English, History, Philosophy, Business....and Math. Yes, I have a paper on mathematics.....It hurts my eyes to look at this one.

In this heap of essays, I found a film analysis paper I did for Ron Hansen's class a couple years ago on Sam Peckinpah's Wild Bunch and I decided to completely re-write it. I want to take out all of the technical mumbo jumbo I was required to put in it and just focus on why this movie is so great. I am really excited to re-write this. 

Part of the problem with my writing habits is that I feel everything I write has to be about something that everyone cares about or wants to read. While writing for money, this may be crucial, I just need to develop my writing habits, and I am going to start with this (albeit dated) film review. I realize not everyone cares about this kind of thing, but it matters to me so to hell with everyone.  

No comments:

Post a Comment