Sunday, February 5, 2012

Madonna, Romans, Cheerleaders, Oh My

I just witnessed Madonna's halftime show for the Super Bowl. I don't even know if it could classify as a "show". Usually a half time show has a consistent theme or color scheme or something that ties it together. To me, it seemed like Madonna tried to cram a thousand different allusions, themes, and ideas into 10-15 minutes of music as she attempted to do dance moves that no 53 year old should attempt. There were Romans, vikings, cheerleaders, Cee-Lo, acrobats, a marching band, Nicki Minaj, a church choir, and LMAFO, to name a few. The whole things was just ridiculous. From the beginning when Madonna, dressed as some sort of Roman-Viking hybrid, pulled in by a myriad of Roman soldiers, to the end, as the words "World Peace" flashed on the stage, all I could do was tilt my head in confusion. In my opinion, the Super Bowl curse of the half time show carries on. 

No comments:

Post a Comment